Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sketchbook Pro


I just got a copy of Sketchbook Pro on sale on Amazon for $30. So far it seems pretty easy to use but my drawings still look crappy. I like how quickly you can get to drawing and how uncluttered it is.

Drawing on the computer makes me realize I like the drag paper gives. It seems to help me control my line better. The Cintiq screen is just so baby-butt smooth. And jumping from program to program all the time is messing up my macro skills. (My keyboard hand keeps wanting to do all the buttons for Storyboard Pro.) I prefer to board on the computer now for the flexibility and speed, but for drawing and doodling I still prefer a paper sketchpad.

Here's an incredible one I found in Japan. For some reason it jumped out at me... I can't really put my finger on why.


Actually, the FO refers to the paper size. I'll really be sad when I use it up. I should've grabbed a few. Oh yeah, and the paper is nice too. It's thick and textured... hmm, with the context of the name, maybe that's not the best way to describe it.